Japan urges India to denounce Russia, but fails
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi hosted his Japanese counterpart Fumio Kishida in New Delhi on Saturday, where the two leaders discussed bilateral issues and international security. India continues to resist pressure to publicly condemn Russia for its military actions in Ukraine.
The countries of the Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) are spread across all continents:
- 42 countries are in Sub-Saharan Africa
- 34 BRI countries are in Europe & Central Asia (including 18 countries of the European Union (EU) that are part of the BRI)
- 25 BRI countries are in East Asia & pacific
- 20 BRI countries are in Latin America & Caribbean
- 18 BRI countries in Middle East & North Africa
- 6 countries are in South East Asia
*For some countries that are listed as having signed an MoU for the BRI, the availability of independent information is contradictory. For example, the seven countries of Austria, Benin, Comoros, Congo D.R., Dominica, Niger and Russian Federation have not published a confirmation of signing a full MoU or even denied it. These countries are listed as “unclear” in the following map of countries of the Belt and Road Initiative.
The trade and investment relationship of each BRI country with China is highly specific. More information about some BRI country can be found in the “BRI countries” briefs provided on this website, or on request. …..Read More