- PubMed – Is Adipose Tissue a Reservoir for Viral Spread, Immune Activation, and Cytokine Amplification in Coronavirus Disease 2019?
- Nature – Risky ‘gain-of-function’ studies need stricter guidance, say US researchers. After a delay caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, US biosecurity board revisits policies governing risky pathogen experiments.
- Nature – COVID-19 patient serum less potently inhibits ACE2-RBD binding for various SARS-CoV-2 RBD mutants.
- Axios – Patients can take more of COVID pill after relapse, Pfizer CEO says.
- SCMP – Xi Jinping warns that Chinese laboratories handling deadly pathogens will face closer scrutiny.
- Zero Hedge – NYC Raises COVID Alert Level From “Low” To “Medium”, South Africa Faces Another Outbreak.
- News Punch – UK: 2,000,000 Deer Are Being ‘Monitored’ For ‘Covid’ After Virus Spreads In US herds.
- Romania-insider – Scandal emerges as Romania is stuck with some 40 mln Covid-19 vaccine doses it has to buy.
- CNN – China is obsessed with disinfection against Covid. But is it causing more harm than good?
- Washington Post – Covid deaths no longer overwhelmingly among the unvaccinated as toll on elderly grows.
- PsyPost – Dark personality traits linked to health and safety risk taking, which can explain noncompliance with COVID-19 measures.
- Norman Fenton – The Bangladesh Mask Study provides no evidence that masks reduce Covid-19 infection.
- NZ Herald – Covid 19 Omicron outbreak: New vaccine pass system revealed, new personal vaccine history journal planned.
- Brownstone – Why the Pandemic-Industrial Complex Won’t Go Away.
- CBC – Sweden’s no-lockdown COVID strategy was broadly correct, commission suggests.
- Medicine – The Foegen effect. A mechanism by which facemasks contribute to the COVID-19 case fatality rate.
- TCW – There was no need for school closures, and they knew it all along.
- Zero Hedge – New COVID Bill Fines Parents For Unvaxxed Kids And Doubles Income Taxes.
- GBNews – WHO declares obesity in Europe has reached ‘epidemic proportions’ after Covid-19 ‘made things worse’.
- Bloomberg – Three Children Died of Acute Hepatitis in Indonesia Last Month.
- Dr Rath – Scientists Attempting To Design ‘Self-Spreading’ Vaccines That Can Jump From Vaccinated To Unvaccinated Populations.
- Today – What birth month reveals about your risk of disease. What’s the healthiest month to be born in? There’s more evidence that our birth month influences later health.
- Guardian – The NHS used to be a religion. But the faith is being tested like never before.
- South African – SA ‘on the brink’ of a measles outbreak – due to LOW vaccination rates. Vaccination rates for other diseases plummeted during the COVID-19 pandemic – and a new wave of measles is coming our way.
- Independent – Tea linked to reduced cancer, heart disease and dementia risk, study finds.
- Washington Post – 400,000 fewer kindergarteners raises CDC concern about childhood shots.