- Time – Almost 60% of the U.S. population—and 75% of U.S. children—have evidence in their blood suggesting a past infection with the virus that causes COVID-19, according to new research from scientists at the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that looks at data from September 2021 to February 2022.
- Nature – Evaluation of maternal-infant dyad inflammatory cytokines in pregnancies affected by maternal SARS-CoV-2 infection in early and late gestation.
- Guardian – Lack of Covid testing leaves researchers blind to evolution patterns, WHO warns. Potentially dangerous mutations of the virus could go unnoticed due to testing cuts, UN health agency says.
- JPost – Increased immunity may protect against long COVID – study. “While this was a small pilot study, it does suggest that some people with long COVID may have underactive immune systems after recovering from COVID-19,” said a senior researcher.
- Daily Mail – Wimbledon announce anti-vax world No 1 Novak Djokovic WILL be allowed to defend his title this summer, with no requirement for stars to be vaccinated against Covid – unlike in Australia.
- NYT – Who Ended the Travel Mask Mandate? A Vaccine Critic, a Florida Judge and 2 Anxious Travelers. The mask rule on planes and public transportation has been targeted by the travel industry and Republican lawmakers. In the end, it was brought down by a little-known nonprofit, a conservative judge and chance.
- JAMA – Evaluation of Suicides Among US Adolescents During the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Science Direct – Stringency of containment and closures on the growth of SARS-CoV-2 in Canada prior to accelerated vaccine roll-out.
- medRxiv – SARS-CoV-2 testing of aircraft wastewater shows that mandatory tests and vaccination pass before boarding did not prevent massive importation of Omicron variant in Europe.
- Newsmax – Despite Lockdowns, Chinese Premier Wants GDP to Outpace USRead more: Despite Lockdowns, Chinese Premier Wants GDP to Outpace US | Newsmax.com.
- Free Beacon – Viral Veep: Double-Boosted Kamala Harris Catches COVID. VP broke COVID protocols at White House this month.
- The Local – Denmark suspends national Covid-19 vaccination programme. Denmark, which in February lifted all curbs related to the coronavirus pandemic, said on Tuesday it was suspending its general Covid-19 vaccination programme.
- Market Ticker – Did We **** Up (Again)? J&J’s Covid-19 vaccine is based on an adenovirus “modified” to be non-replication competent — that is, unable to reproduce in the human body. The AstraZeneca jab widely used in England is similar, using a chimpanzee adenovirus that is allegedly harmless in humans.
- Independent – Nine Omicron symptoms affecting fully vaccinated – and two early signs you might have it.
- Hart Group – What is the MHRA up to now? More reckless sign-offs from the regulators.