- Nature – Most US kids have caught the coronavirus, antibody survey finds. Study shows that infections in very young children doubled during the Omicron wave.
- Nature – Are COVID surges becoming more predictable? New Omicron variants offer a hint. Omicron relatives called BA.4 and BA.5 are behind a fresh wave of COVID-19 in South Africa, and could be signs of a more predictable future for SARS-CoV-2.
- Judicial Watch – Documents Show Texas Researcher Warned Wuhan Lab of COVID Investigation by Congress.
- WSWS – One hundred million coronavirus cases in the US predicted for fall and winter surge.
- Nature – Modelling transmission of SARS-CoV-2 Omicron in China.
- Nature – Cumulative SARS-CoV-2 mutations and corresponding changes in immunity in an immunocompromised patient indicate viral evolution within the host.
- Brownstone – The Dangers of Compelled Belief.
- Institute for Progress – Weighing the Cost of the Pandemic. Knowing what we know now, how much damage did COVID-19 cause in the United States?
- Telegraph – China faces ‘complicated and grim’ future as zero-Covid hits economy. Premier Li Keqiang warns of job losses as lockdowns cause exports to plunge.
- Bournbrook – Children in lockdown: We never thought of them.
- Newsmax – Parents Hunting for Baby Formula as Shortage Spans US.
- Repubblica – Acute hepatitis in children: stable cases in Italy, hypotheses on the causes.
- Science Direct – Impact of graphene oxide on removal of heavy metals using mixed matrix membrane.
- Washington Post – Healthy lifestyle may increase life expectancy, research suggests.