Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on telegram
Share on whatsapp

About 50 Percent of Massachusetts COVID Hospitalizations Weren’t Admitted for COVID, New Reporting Method Shows

On Jan. 18 there were 3,187 people with COVID-19 in Massachusetts hospitals, according to the Massachusetts Department of Health. Of those patients, 49 % were considered “incidental,” in that they tested positive while hospitalized for other reasons. The remaining 51 % of patients were reported as being hospitalized primarily for COVID-19.

Hospitals have long been accused of inflating COVID-19 cases by including anyone who tests positive, even if they only had a mild case and sought care for a different ailment. To help paint a clearer picture of the impact COVID-19 is having on people, Massachusetts is now requiring hospitals to report the number of COVID-positive patients receiving the steroid dexamethasone.

Dr. Shira Doron, an infectious disease physician and epidemiologist at Tufts Medical Center, told Newsweek that using dexamethasone as a standard for classifying COVID-19 cases isn’t a perfect system.

The steroid is standard of care for someone who is hospitalized with a moderate or severe case of COVID-19 with lung involvement, so reporting could miss cases of people being treated for COVID-related heart problems or blood clots where their lungs aren’t treated, and could include people being treated with dexamethasone for another ailment unrelated to COVID.

There’s no national standard for differentiating between patients who are being treated primarily for COVID-19 and those who test positive but need unrelated care, but while dexamethasone is not a perfect metric, it should capture more than 90 % of COVID cases, a Department of Public Health spokeswoman said.

However, Dr. Jason Wasfy, medical director of the Massachusetts General Physicians Organization, said he believes the new classification system will lead to an undercounting of acute COVID patients.

    Joe Biden: Pandemic is Over

    Joe Biden during an interview on 60Minutes says he believes the COVID pandemic is Over. 850 more unvaxxed NYC teachers, aides fired for not complying

    Lockdowns Harms Impossible to Cover Up

    “According to a recent study by the World Bank, published in the journal Nature, lockdowns and the response to Covid-19 have pushed an additional 75

    Contagious Vaccines: A Warning

    Brownstone Institute – For two decades scientists have been quietly developing self-spreading contagious vaccines. The NIH funded this research, in which either DNA from a deadly

    VAERS Reports as of 6/10/2022 Release

    28,859 Deaths where Vaccine is COVID19 1,301,356 Adverse Events where Vaccine is COVID19 Search Vaccine Reactions Using MedAlertsA Powerful VAERS Database Search Engine hosted by

    Would love your thoughts, please comment.x

    Get in Touch!

    Purpose of your Contact
    Where can i reach you?
    What would you like to discuss?

    Are you intending to visit the Lorphic marketing agency?